Official Name: Japan National Tourism Organization
Purpose: To further international exchange through tourism
Headquarters: 10th Floor, Tokyo Kotsu Kaikan Building, 2-10-1 Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0006, Japan
Activities by JNTO (Japan Headquarters)
JNTO is involved in a broad range of activities promoting travel to Japan through various activities overseas as well as tourism-promoting activities in Japan.
Our activities include:
- Operating Tourist Information Centers in Japan for foreign visitors
- Arranging reception facilities for foreign visitors
- Promoting international conventions and trade fairs
- Operating offices in key cities around the world
- Conducting tourism-related research
- Publishing travel literature and videos about Japan
- Disseminating information on precautions for Japanese citizens traveling overseas
Activities by Overseas Offices (JNTO Singapore)
JNTO maintains 13 offices in key cities around the world, through which a wide range of tourism-related promotions are carried out. Each overseas office is responsible for promoting travel and tourism to Japan; one of the most important functions is to help the travel industry encourage their clients to visit Japan.
The activities of the JNTO Singapore Office includes:
- Providing up-to-date information on travel to and in Japan
- Participating in local travel fairs and exhibitions
- Assisting in developing tours to Japan
- Supplying free brochures to the travel industry
- Lending display materials, prize-winning films and video tapes for travel professionals to show to their clients
For more information about JNTO, please click here to download the JNTO Brochure (pdf, 3.7mb)
Tourist Information Center (TIC)
TIC’s services range from providing travel information and free literature about Japan to offering suggestions on tour itineraries. Please note that however, reservation services are not available.
Business Hours: Open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Closed on Jan. 1)
Please click here for more informations on Regional Offices.