Day 3: Itinerary
Okhotsuk Drift Ice MuseumAbashiri,, Hokkaido
- Welcome to the Okhotsk Ryuhyo Museum, where the marine life in the sea of Okhotsk are showcased! From tanks of fish that live among icy glaciers to a simulation room that presents the phenomena of drift ice, there is much to see in the museum. Finally, visitors can head to the Tentozan observatory deck to view the beautiful coast.
Lake MashuTeshikaga-cho, Hokkaido
- Known as Japan’s 6th largest lake, Lake Mashu is a caldera surrounded by deep cliffs containing mellow blue waters. Be dazzled by her beauty, where mists are abundant and no river flows to it. With numerous observation decks, Lake Mashu is treasured for its pure water content, making the crystal blue water very transparent.
Mount IouTeshikaga-cho, Hokkaido
- Step in to Teshikaga Town and you may smell sulfur and alpine. Such observations are common for Mount Iou is nearby. With sulfur actively emerging from the mountain, Iou is known among the Ainu natives as Atosa Nupuri. Although hiking is prohibited, Mount Iou has an accessible walking path that takes visitors to the nearby Kawayu Onsen.
Lake KussharoTeshikaga-cho, Hokkaido
- Feast your eyes on Lake Kussharo, where its cobalt is as far as the eye can see. Found in the largest Kussharo caldera in Japan, Lake Kussharo is known for its true cobalt-blue water as well as the majestic primeval forest surrounding the lake. Various activities take place here, including camping, water sports, windsurfing, fishing, and hot spring baths.
Akan Yuku no Sato TsurugaKushiro, Hokkaido
- Akan Yuku no Sato Tsuruga is a resort that provides recreation, hospitality, and customized services to visitors of Tsuruga city. Patrons can enjoy the abundant hot spring water and the scenery in Akan – a part of Tsuruga’s charm of diverse hot springs. Fine dining made from fresh ingredients are served in Akan rooms, with wheelchair accessibility.
Day 4: Itinerary
Lake Akan, Ainu KotanKushiro, Hokkaido
- Irankarapte, and welcome to Akanko Ainu Kotan! Located in the onsen village alongside Lake Akan, visitors can learn about the Ainu people through the village’s Living Memorial Hall and Akanko Ainu Theater. From ceremonial dances to playing the mukkuri harp instrument, there are numerous activities as well as souvenirs for visitors to see while in Lake Akan.
Snowmobile activityKushiro, Hokkaido
- With thick ice covering the Lake Akan, there are various winter activities for all to partake! From snowmobile to ice fishing, there are plenty of winter-only attractions that families can enjoy.